The New England Center for Investigative Reporting has won many regional and national awards since its founding in 2009.
- 2016 Freedom of Information Award, New England First Ammendment Coalition
- 2015 “Publick Occurrences” award, New England Newspaper and Press Association
- 2014 First Place award for healthcare journalism, Society of American Business Editors and Writers
- 2014 First Place award for investigative reporting, small media outlets; Excellence in Health Care Journalism, Association of Health Care Journalists
- 2014 “Publick Occurrences” award, New England Newspaper and Press Association
- 2014 Clarion Award, Association for Women in Communications
- David S. Barr Social Justice Award
- 1st place in Regional Investigative Reporting from the National Federation of Press Women
- 3rd Place in Web Journalism from National Federation of Press Women
- Finalists for the 2011 Livingston Award for Young Journalists
- National Council on Problem Gambling’s Reporting Award
LATEST AWARDS & RECOGNITION
An investigation from the New England Center for Investigative Reporting revealing the extensive perks enjoyed by public college presidents won the top award yesterday for...
Investigations by The Eye and news partner WBUR public radio received this week three Edward R. Murrow awards for excellence from the Radio Television...
Two investigations by The Eye -- one exploring problems at a private school for children with special needs and the other revealing perks for college presidents...
Senior Reporter Jenifer McKim of The Eye won a prestigious McGraw Fellowship for Business Journalism Friday for her upcoming investigation of foreclosure risks faced...
Eye reporter Jenifer McKim on Thursday, Oct. 6, was honored with a 2016 Publick Occurrences Award for Outstanding Journalism for her series ‘Out of...
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting has won $35,000 from the Institute for Nonprofit News (INN) to host a series of events to provide citizens with the tools to understand and investigate earmarked funds within the Massachusetts state budget.
NECIR Senior Reporter Jenifer McKim has won the 2016 Freedom of Information Award from the New England First Amendment Coalition for her series ‘Out of the shadows: Shining light on state failure to learn from rising child abuse and neglect deaths.’
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting (NECIR) will expand the depth and breadth of its reporting on genetics with the help of a...
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting is proud to share the news that reporter Isaiah Thompson has received a 2015 Civil Libertarian Award from the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) of Pennsylvania.
The New England Center for Investigative Reporting has won highest honors from the New England Newspaper & Press Association for stories on faulty prenatal testing and homeowner debt. The 2015 awards, to be presented Oct. 8, will go to the Center’s science reporter, Beth Daley, and Jenifer McKim, who covers social justice issues.